Warm alcoholic drinks are the perfect way for adults to warm up by the fire this winter. People often assume that cocktails should be served cold, but there is a winter wonderland’s worth of warm cocktails waiting for you to sip and savor. Whether you are skiing in the mountains or coming home from a frosty day at work, relax and unwind with a warm drink for a toasty evening.
Apple Cider Margarita
- 1.5 oz Tequila
- 4 oz hot apple cider
- 1 oz fresh orange juice
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- .75 oz light agave nectar
- Salt a warmed glass with Demitri’s Margarita Rimshot.
- Combine tequila, hot apple cider, orange juice, lemon juice, and agave nectar in a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine and strain into glass.
- Top with cinnamon and nutmeg for additional flavor.
Warm Bloody Mary Pitcher
- 1 liter tomato juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lime, finely sliced
- 150 ml vodka
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1-2 tsp Tabasco, to taste
- Combine tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and some lime slices in a pan (or use your favorite Demitri’s Bloody Mary seasoning). Season with salt and pepper. Slowly bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let the concoction cool for about 10 minutes. Stir in vodka, celery salt, and Tabasco.
- Serve in heatproof glasses and garnish with beef jerky or a pepperoni straw.
Hot Chocolate with A Twist
- 2 oz Drambuie
- 9 oz hot milk
- 3 oz hot cocoa mix
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Serve hot. Garnish with marshmallows, cinnamon sticks, or candy canes.
- 2 oz heavy cream
- .75 oz simple syrup
- 4 oz hot coffee
- 1 oz Irish whiskey
- Whisk cream and .25 oz of simple syrup in a chilled bowl until peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine coffee, Irish whiskey, and remaining simple syrup in a warm mug.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
The Classic Hot Toddy
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1.5 ounces whiskey
- 2-3 teaspoons honey, to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1 lemon round
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine hot water, whiskey, honey, and lemon juice in a mug. Stir until the honey disappears into the water.
- Taste. For a sweeter drink, add 1 more teaspoon of honey. For a tangier drink, add 1 more teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Garnish with lemon round and cinnamon stick. Serve!
The fun doesn’t have to stop here!
If you’re especially fond of a certain winter drink, try adding an alcohol with similar notes or flavors to concoct your own signature cocktail. If there is a beverage you feel is best in the summer, try experimenting with ways to winterize it, like heating up the ingredients in a saucepan or smoking the inside of the serving glass.
Demitri’s full catalog is chockfull of things that the Bloody Mary or margarita lover in your life is sure to enjoy. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more!