Whether you’re team mashed potatoes or sausage stuffing for life, the Thanksgiving table has something for almost everyone. With Thanksgiving “dinner” being more of an early-bird, lunch/dinner combo, you’ll want to give your guests something to nibble on before it’s time for the main event.
We propose a Bloody Mary bar! Watching the game, getting back from the trot, or just done being in the kitchen all day – the DIY Bloody bar is a life saver. Set up a make-your-own station so guests can sip, snack, and keep themselves occupied until dinner is officially served. Beef stick straws and pickles from the summer garden – there’s bound to be something for everyone! Options with or without the alcohol are a nice touch, or maybe add a red beer selection? The world is your oyster.
Here’s our classic recipe, made in bulk for the DIY Bloody Mary table.
Serves 8. Add 2-3 ounces of Demitri’s Bloody Mary Seasonings to 1 quart of tomato juice and 1.5 to 2 ounces of vodka per drink. You can leave out the vodka from the base and let guests add it themselves if desired—it’s delicious without the booze!
- Limes, cut into wedges
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 2-3 ounces Demitri’s Classic Bloody Mary Seasoning
- 12-16 ounces quality vodka
- Demitri’s Original Rimshot Rim Salt for garnish
- Moisten one half of the rim of each glass with a lime wedge, then press each into a saucer of Demitri’s Rimshot. Half-rims or “smiles” that go down the side of the glass are nice because someone can get a sip with or without salt.
- Combine Demitri’s Bloody Mary Seasoning with tomato juice, vodka, and ice in an extra-large pitcher. Use a spoon to gently combine all the ingredients.
- Pour a serving into each glass.
- Squeeze lime on top. Garnish with fresh herbs, or garden pickles for a festive flair.