The Big Game is almost here, and you know what that means: It’s the time of the year when football lovers, commercial lovers, and food lovers unite in one living room. Whether you know all the QB stats or you’re just there for the halftime show, this guide has got you covered for scoring big host points.
What’s our first play? Making gourmet Bloody Marys in batches. No one wants to miss a second of the performance—er, game—preparing drink after drink in the kitchen. Mix a big batch at the beginning of the night so you can happily sip away all evening; Demitri’s 64-ounce jug makes a whopping 256 drinks, so you’ll have plenty for your guests and when Monday rolls around.
The Classic Bloody Mary
This recipe is the MVP of Bloody Marys with a starting lineup of tomato juice, Demitri’s Bloody Mary mix, and a quality vodka. And our Bloody Marys come dressed to impress with garnish and Demitri’s RimShot Rim Salt.
Adjust this ratio of ingredients based on how many you want to make—the more, the Mary-er. For example, if you wanted to make eight drinks total, you’d multiply each ingredient by eight. Don’t worry: The math will be worth it once you’re sipping, we promise.
Per one Bloody Mary, you’ll need:
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Demitri’s RimShot Rim Salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Demitri’s Bloody Mary mix
- 6-8 ounces tomato juice
- 2 ounces quality vodka
For making batches, 2-3 ounces of Demitri’s per quart of tomato juice.
- Gently moisten the rims of 12- to 16-ounce glasses with lime wedges, then press into a saucer of Demitri’s RimShot Rim Salt. Set aside.
- In a large pitcher, combine Demitri’s Bloody Mary mix, tomato juice, vodka, and ice. Give it a good stir to mix it all up. If you’ve got a cocktail shaker, even better.
- Pour into your glass and top with celery, asparagus, beans, bacon, pepperoni, or all of the above. (We vote for all of the above.)
- Squeeze the lime wedge on top and give it a taste!
The great part about Bloody Marys is you can stay classic or mix it up. Like it spicy? Check out our chipotle habanero, chilies & peppers, and extra horseradish mixes. Want to amp up the garnishes? We.Got.You.
Hot wings, pizza slices, burgers, onion rings—anything goes. We especially love pepperoni straws (no boring straws here) and Blaze’s pickled beans, spears, and carrots (who says the only veggies come with the wings?).
Now, how do habanero poppers sound for a garnish?
10-12 fresh habanero peppers
8 ounces cream cheese
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon thyme
1 ounce Demitri’s Bloody Mary Seasoning (any flavor will do)
1 raw scrambled egg, combined with Demitri’s
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 cup flour
Piping bag (a resealable plastic bag and scissors work as a DIY option)
- Halve, de-stem, and remove seeds from the peppers. Wear gloves!
- Microwave cream cheese to soften it up. Blend with the cheddar cheese, oregano, and thyme
- Fill a piping bag.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture into each pepper.
- Roll the filled peppers in the flour, then in the Demitri’s and egg mixture, and then in the Italian breadcrumbs. Repeat for a thicker coating.
- Fry at 350° F for 1.5 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let’s huddle up and get ready to kick off a super party—because win or lose, we all end the night happy when there’s good company, good food, and really good drinks. A few final rules:
- Stock up on all your favorites from Demitri’s now. If you don’t know where to start, the starter bundle is the perfect option. It’s got everything you need to make a first-place Bloody Mary time after time.
- Prep, prep, prep. Get your sips, dips, and chips ready to go ahead of time. Always plan for more than you think you’ll need. Hello, delicious leftovers all week long.
- Enjoy! You really can’t go wrong when you’re using a quality gourmet mix like Demitri’s. Tag us in your creations so we can ooh and ahh and snag an invite for the next party!